Saturday, August 27, 2011

Paris!

           Paris the city of love!!! I was finally able to go. It was AMAZING! I decided to take many risk while in Paris. The first day that we got to Paris we went to dinner and I had Fried DUCK!! Who would of thought I would have duck. It was good, but it was not for me. After having dinner we headed to river that runs through Paris for a River Cruise at Night. It was an amazing view. I got to see a lot of the things in Paris  along that River. It was also interesting to see all the French people sitting around the river drinking and having fun. Drinking in public would had not been okay in America BUT in Europe it is perfectly fine. After our river cruise we headed to the Eiffel Tower. I had been able to see it from far, but not close. Once I got there it was an amazing view. We took pictures and mingled around it for a while then headed to a buiding near by to take a really good picture. After that we realized that we needed to head back to out hostel because the trains stop running and out hostel was not near the center of Paris.

          On the next morning we woke up pretty early to get breakfast and head out to explore. The breakfast that the hostel provided was Cereal and a bread. Super fancy for Paris LOL. Our first stop was the Eiffel Tower. This time we were able to go up. We figured out that the cheapest way up is climbing the stairs so what did I do??? Climb the stairs!! I thought I was gonna die after climbing so many stairs, but I made it up and I do not regret it. It was an amazing view of the city. I can picture it as I speak. After our amazing experience in the Eiffel Tower we headed down to the Louvre museum. I was able to see the MONA LISA! I seriously expected something different. Before I used to think it was this huge painting, but after hearing that it was small through out the years I began to think it was this tiny image, but in reality it is a decent size. The museum was huge and amazing. Took pics with the pyramid. I learned why there is a pyramid outside of it. 

   Later, we decided that it was time to eat so we went to have a KEBAB! It was the first time that I had one and it was really good. After we crossed the bridge and went to NOTRE DAME! The oldest cathedral in the world. It was amazing. I really liked it that I returned the next day again. All the detail was amazing!! Especially on the stain glass windows. After the Notre Dame Cathedral we decided to go to the Arc de Triomphe. We first went to the shopping center between the Louvre and the Arc. I went into the Louis Vuitton Store and my jaw dropped even before I went in. This store was HUGE!!! You have to make line to even get in.  There was also an Abercombie & Fitch that I was like wow! There is gates you enter and you pass a small gardern just to get to the store. First of all the store is located on a shopping street so for them to have it set up like this was amazing. After being amazed by all the shops which don't even include the car dealers. They had car dealers in the same street as all the other stores. It was not like any american car dealer. It was really cool. After we went to go have some Macarons at Laduree. They were really good. Best place to have them in Paris. Then we finally made it to the Arc de Triomphe, it was HUGE.  As we walked through Paris we were able to see many different things that are not so known but are really nice. Not only did we walk but we also took the Metro and let me just say this. I though the metros in the US were bad. These were gross. At one point I just could not be in there due to this nasty smell of rotten milk.  We decided that it would be best if we all tried Escargot which if you do not know what it is then you will now. It is snails that are cooked. Well I had some. They were actually really good. After our experience with the snails we decided to get some wine and head out to the river and chill for the night. It was really nice. After we headed to the hostel and awaited for our last day in Paris.

    The next day we had to check out of our hostel by 10 am so we decided to pack up early and leave before 730 to be able to make it to mass in Notre Dame. We went to mass in French, we could not understand anything, but at times I was able to understand what they were doing because I am catholic and they do the same things. There was a girl singing and it was amazing. It was only her and it echoed through the entire cathedral. I am glad I went to mass after mass we went to Laduree to get more Macarons and then headed to a flee market. At this point I was feeling really sick. I did not know what was wrong. I was getting a lot of abdominal pain and I could not stand it. I really had not ate that day because I was not feeling well. After our last adventures in Paris we went to the Train station to wait for our group to get on the Eurostar. We all got into the Eurostar and the train was headed to London when suddenly it STOPS! in the middle of France. We were all confused. The announcers said that the train was experiencing technical difficulties. We were there for a long time. Then the train suddenly began moving but the WRONG way. We were heading back to Paris. We had to go back to Paris and board a different train that actually worked. We got a compensation for the major delay that we experienced. Once arriving to London we had to drive all the way back to Sussex. The funny thing was that we went on a DOUBLE DECKER bus!! It was cool because it was only us. I guess the company could not get a coach bus for us so they just sent that.

     When I arrived back at school I had to walk across campus to my flat. It was freezing cold. I was shaking. In Paris it was HOT in Sussex it was COLD really bad combination. When i got to my flat I could not stop shaking. I had to sleep with double shirt, swearter, sweats, and double socks. I had a huge headache and really bad abdominal pain and I was not feeling well at all. The next morning I could not even get up from my bed and had to due to the bad abdominal pain. I decided to go to the doctor the next day and I had Food poisoning. It is about to be a week and i have only had 3 decent meals since I got sick. Almost all the meals have made me feel sick but i am surviving day by day.

SORRY FOR NOT PUTTING PICTURES ON HERE! Interner on my laptop is not working. Therefore, I cannot put any because I am on a campus computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment