Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The traveling continues!!!!

The places I've been the people I have met have all been part of this new found love for traveling and discovery. The discovery of who I am and what I want to do has been difficult. All my life I have been faced with the question who am I? I can say that being away abroad in a different country has allowed me to learn a bit more about myself. The stuff I like, the people I like to surround myself with. It has been a great experience. These last couple of weeks I have been to a few places.

I went out to the Marina in Brighton to have dinner and went Bowling with some friends. It was really fun. We ate at an Italian Restaurant. The food was okay, not the best Italian food I have had.







I went into London on Saturday, August 6 to get a tour of Buckingham Palace and The House of Parliament. Our first stop was Buckingham Palace. We were not able to take picture inside the palace, but it was gorgeous inside. They had Kates Wedding dress on display and they even showed how they made it and I was amazed at how much detail it had and how much time it took to do it. Her shoes even had lace that was put by hand. Her cake was so detailed as well. I stood in the same place they were at when they took their wedding pictures inside the palace.

Our next stop was the House of Parliament. It was very interesting to learn how they govern and what the queen can be involved in. It was really nice in there. I wish I would had taken picture of both places so you guys could see. The queen had a special room just for her to get ready and she even had a private restroom that was hidden behind a bookcase it was cool. There were a lot of cool things that we got to see. I loved this trip. I ate at a park and got attacked by a bee. It was funny! We were running away from it and I think some guys thought I was crazy.


 The next day I went to Oxford, Windsor and Eton. Oxford was amazing the school is really pretty I really liked it. I was able to go into the church where they filmed parts of Harry Potter it was really cool being there. It was the highlight of my trip. At Windsor the castle where the queen comes for her weekend vacations is there. She was not there that weekend. You can tell by the flag that is on the castle. We ate there and walked around. It was a fun trip. Realized how small the world is. Met a girl who knows my cousin. She is in the same program as me.












I decided to go watch Billy Elliot in London. Due to it being in London and the Riots going on the staff needed to make sure that we were all safe. We all had to eat at London Victoria Station instead of all over the city due to the danger. We were given instructions if anything were to happen what we had to do. It was very depressing passing by all the stores that were looted. Nothing happen! We watched the show and I loved it! It was an amazing story and I loved everything about the show.

 I began to get sick the morning of August 13, which sucked because it was the day that I was going to go to Brussels. I did not sleep anything. I tried sleeping the night before and when it hit 3:45 am and I had to be at the meeting spot I had gotten no sleep. I tried sleeping on the way there but I just could not. It was horrible. The weather in Brussels was Bipolar. It was sunny then it rained , then sunny again then rain again. I ended up getting fever throughout the whole day. Not fun at all. Even though I felt horrible I tried my best to have fun, which I did and I was able to have some Belgium Waffles, some Frites, and buy a bunch of chocolate.







After a long day at Brussels we headed back to England. I was exhausted, but still could not sleep. I had to be up and out of my flat by 7:45 am the next day because I was going to Cambridge. I think I got about 1 hour of sleep that night not enough after not sleeping an entire day. I went to Cambridge and what can I say I loved it! I wish I was a student there. It is really beautiful and students basically live in mansions and they get housing all three years that they are doing their undergrad. Cambridge has a lot of history. A lot of famous people went there. We went punting it was really cool and fun. We also went to this restaurant that was weird they had like everything Indian, English, Italian, etc. Food was not that good all I likes was the hummus and pita bread. But overall  I loved Cambridge! a very beautiful and amazing school.



 Tomorrow I will be heading to London and this weekend I will be doing my last trip to Paris before I head home the following weekend! Excited and sad to be going home.






No comments:

Post a Comment